Road trips are the best way to travel if I say so myself. According to an email, I received a few weeks ago from a very good source – here are the top 10 scenic road trips to take this summer (all over the world).
Whether you start out on a long road trip by car or flying overseas to go on a road trip, these places could very well be the one!! TRAVELER Marriott.com nabbed some pretty good trips here – and I’ve even been on one…three times!! This information was first published in TRAVELER.
Top 10 Scenic Road Trips to Take this Summer
10. Wisconsin’s Great River Road – Though the Mississippi River runs close to the Great River Road straight up through the center of the U. S. Antiques, fishing, and cheese – what more could you ask for!!
9. Finger Lakes, NY – Art, wine and gorgeous waterfalls can be found here.
8. Anchorage to Seward, Alaska – I’ve been lucky enough to have driven this scenic route 3 times and I can tell you it’s a site to see. I can’t wait to take my son next time.
7. Icefields Parkway; Alberta, Canada – You’ll see the blue water of Lake Louise, glaciers, wildlife and the beautifully jagged Canadian Rockies on this 144-mile stretch of road.
6. Miami to Key West – Take your time here….don’t get in a hurry.
5. Memphis to Nashville – If you like the country and hiking, this is a good place to go. AND…you must like the blues music to really enjoy your time!!!
4. Pacific Coast Touring Route, New South Wales, Australia – Birding, beaches, and wine here folks. I love birding and would love to do this trip for sure.
3. The Garden Route, South Africa – The annual Knysa Oyster Festival, held every July, will have fans of the mollusk slurping away with delight. And, this being South Africa, on your way from the Southern Cape to the Eastern Cape border, there’s no reason not to stop for a midday taste at the region’s many wineries.
2. San Juan Skyway, Colorado – Travel the Old West on a 236-mile loop winding through southwest Colorado.
And the Top Scenic Road Trip According to TRAVELER is…
1. Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland – Ireland’s West Coast.
I could only wish to be able to take most of these scenic road trips. The road trip I will be close to is San Juan Skyway, CO. My mom and I are going to Grand Junction, CO this May. Be sure to “google” these places to get more info.
Which scenic road trips will you take this summer?