Fall season has got to be the best time for camping in the great outdoors. With cool brisk weather, falling leaves, campfires, and family cuddling, it’s the best time to enjoy time with your family, don’t you think? Here’s some great information about fall family camping checklist & camping tips to help you prepare.
Fall Family Camping Checklist & Camping Tips
Don’t get stuck out in the woods without important camping essentials. Go by this list for a successful camping trip with the fam!
- 6-person weather resistant tent
- Sleeping bags for cool weather
- Camping pillows
- Camping chairs for the whole family
- Couple of lanterns
- Camping stove
- Cooking utensils
- Portable table
- Dad’s tools (just in case needed)
- First Aid kit
- Backpacks for hiking
- Cooler for breakfast food
- Flashlights, whistles, water bottles, sun screen, bug spray
- Firewood & matches
I’m sure you can think of more essentials to bring. You may not think you’ll need sunscreen or bug spray, but if you’re camping in Texas you will definitely need both.
- Watch the weather before you go.
- A 6-person tent will sleep 6 comfortably or 4 plus an air mattress and your gear.
- An easy tent set-up and break down will make your weekend less stressful.
- Place a tarp under tent to protect from rain, mud and/or dirt.
- Think about bringing along a canopy for added comfort from the sun.
- Take along a battery-powered light for inside the tent and for bathroom runs in the middle of the night.
- Keep a lid tightly on trash to keep out raccoons and other nocturnal animals.
- Bring extra blankets to wrap yourself while enjoying the campfire.
- Use the buddy system. Don’t go off on your own.
- Don’t forget all hiking essentials; good hiking shoes are a must!